Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The awkward squad...

It doesn't matter which town, city or country I am in, when I need to use a bank or post office I'll end up behind the awkward squad. You know the type - they can't go there to do straight-forward tasks like I do, such as sending a parcel to another town, or stopping a direct debit.
No, the majority of people always seem to need complex transactions carrying out, that take an inordinate amount of time. Perhaps it involves sending a package to an institution in Latvia, but taking an item there to forward onto a charity in Botswana. Or perhaps paying a bill in Mongolia and releasing payment 15% every 3rd Saturday in months with an "R" in it.
Yes, I've just spent half a hour of my time at a local Correos (post office) in order to send some books. Needless to say, my transaction only took a minute. When the number of sales allow it, I will open a contract and thankfully get the courier people to collect from my shop.
No matter how often I pray to the God of "the law of averages" the people in front of me in such places always have highly complex tasks to complete. Why can't more customers in these establishments be more simple - like me? "Rant Over"

No comments:

Post a Comment