Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Today is not a sunny day.

This is the first in my diary "Confessions of an English bookseller in Madrid" so please allow me to get into my stride. I promise in later entries to point out things that perhaps you won't read elsewhere, particularly about starting a bookshop business in Spain. It certainly isn't an easy venture, so I hope to pass on one or two tips that may help others considering starting their own business (and yes, on many days I'd be tempted to shout "don't do it!") I know during the year we have to have some cloudy days, some rain etc. It isn't always sunny in Madrid. But it has to be said that grey cold days are bad news for booksellers - the number of browsers disappears, and I end up heating an empty shop. Still, I've decided to go for a Menu del Dia in a bit - at least there will be part of the day I can enjoy. In the meantime, a quick look at some books we hold in-store (we are at calle Torija 8 Madrid, near Plaza de Santo Domingo).

No comments:

Post a Comment